Family and Community Services
Child and Youth Programs
Early Years Programs
Family and Community Services Winter Guide 2022
Click here to view the Family and Community Services Winter Guide 2022.
Programs for Children and Youth
Programs for Parents and Caregivers
Family Resource Network Parent Support Referral
Family Resource Network Parent Support
Sherwood Park Family and Community Services
Family and Community Services Phone Support
As of March 16, 2020, Family and Community Services (FCS) is remaining open for phone support. Anyone within Strathcona County is welcome to call within the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Counsellors and Solutions Navigators can support with mental health coping strategies as well as with practical information about other community resources avaialble online or by phone. Phone Number: 780-464-4044.
Services they may assist with:
• Transportation to all Edmonton Shelters including those for women and youth , as well as the Commonwealth stadium.
• Transportation as required to keep individuals safe and warm during extremely cold weather (potentially to stay with friends or family): bus tickets, care for a ride or taxi depending on circumstance.
• Food vouchers
• Basic hygiene items as required
• Clothing when required
• Ongoing Support from a Navigator to look at all housing options and complete applications
• Look at eligibility to the Bridging the Gap program to address longer term housing options
• Millennium Passes for showers as needed required (only when Millennium Place is open and operating again to the public)
YEG Community Resources
YEG Community Resources
This is a community sourced document being circulated – YEG Community Response to COVID-19. There is a section on Mental Health that includes resources on coping during COVID-19.
Reach Out Speak Out
November is Family Violence Prevention Month in Alberta. Strathcona County is supporting the community by highlighting #WHERETOTURN as part of a campaign called Reach Out Speak out. Family violence is the attempts by one person in an intimate relationship to dominate and control the other. Family and Community Services is here to support - if family violence is affecting your life, learn where to turn or how to help someone you care about. We all have a role to build a safe, supported and connected community •strathcona.ca/SCspeakout 780-464-4044.