As you’re likely aware, the Government of Alberta expects school operations to return to as normal as possible for the 2021-22 school year. It also developed a series of recommendations and best practices for school divisions to use, as a minimum standard, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses. It also encourages, and recommends, school divisions implement additional measures when deemed appropriate.
Using the province’s guidance documents, public-health data, a working-group committee, family feedback and operational data from last year, the Division developed its own operations plan entitled EIPS Operations Guidelines 2021-22: A resource for students, staff and families. The document outlines how EIPS schools are operating and public-health measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 or other respiratory illnesses during the 2021-22 school year.
Overall, the guidelines ensure schools run smoothly, and operations take place in the safest way possible. It’s essential families and students understand and adhere to the guidelines, so the risk of illness is low, and students and staff continue learning and working in a safe classroom setting. Through a combined effort, everyone within EIPS is safer, healthier and better prepared for success throughout this stage of the pandemic. EIPS encourages all families to review the guidelines and FAQs for details about school operations this year.
The Division has also developed a series of forms all families are required to review and submit at the start of the school year to support school operations. All forms are available through your PowerSchool Parent Portal. If you have trouble accessing your Parent Portal account, contact your child’s school for assistance.
Note: Forms in PowerSchool often don’t display properly in Internet Explorer. Please use a different browser to review and complete the forms for your family.
COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist Acknowledgement
- Due: Aug. 31, 2021
- Required for all families; one per student.
- The COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist is also linked directly within the form.
- We encourage families to print off a copy of the checklist—keeping in mind this document is subject to change—and save this link as a shortcut on your smartphone home screen so you have easy access to it each morning.
- Access this form through the Parent Portal by clicking the Forms tab at the top of the left-hand menu and then selecting the COVID-19 Alberta Health Daily Checklist Acknowledgement from the list.
Pre-existing Medical Conditions
- Due: Aug. 31, 2021
- Only required for students with pre-existing conditions.
- If your child has a known pre-existing condition, for example, allergies, please complete this form to ensure we have the necessary data on file.
- Access this form through the Parent Portal by clicking the Forms tab at the top of the left-hand menu and then selecting the Pre-existing Medical Conditions form from the list.
Correction and Verification Form
- Due: Sept. 22, 2021
- Required for all families. It’s important we have correct information on file in the student record.
- This is the standard form all families review and update annually.
- Please review all information, paying particular attention to phone numbers and email addresses as well as the emergency contacts on file. If you’ve recently moved, this is also where you’ll update your address information.
- Access this form through the Parent Portal by clicking the Correction and Verification Form tab in the left-hand menu.
Thank you for your ongoing co-operation as we roll out operations for the year and gather all the required information for students.
Elk Island Public Schools